Senior Fund Accountant
Triple Jump, an impact investment fund manager with a global portfolio, is looking for an:
Senior Fund Accountant
40 hours per week, initially for 1 year, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Triple Jump is an impact-focused investment manager that manages and advises several funds in the area of financial inclusion, SME finance, affordable housing, renewable energy and agri. Triple Jump’s mission is to go where investing capital empowers people and improves lives. Triple Jump is headquartered in Amsterdam, and has a strong footprint in the emerging markets with 5 regional offices located in Georgia, Peru, Mexico, Thailand and Kenya. The team consists of over 80 professionals, including 30 different nationalities, with broad field experience and in-depth financial expertise. Triple Jump investment portfolio spans across more than 60 countries.
Triple Jump offers professional asset management services to investors, ranging from asset selection, to portfolio management to fund administration. Triple Jump holds an AIFMD license and is regulated by the Dutch Central Bank and the Authority Financial Markets. Our investor base includes institutional investors, development banks, governments, NGOs, and retail banks, all of whom seek to combine both financial returns with and social/environmental impact.
As a Fund Accountant, you are responsible for:
- Setting up, maintain and improve the fund and investment accounting (ledger);
- Contributing to the optimization of processes, data capturing and reporting packages;
- Calculating and preparing capital calls;
- Initiating payment instructions in the online banking platform;
- Carrying out financial checks on the investment legal contracts;
- Liaising with (inter)national colleagues and clients, and maintaining a close relationship with the investment team and third parties (auditors, banks, etc.);
- Carrying out periodic valuation on fund assets for the purpose of investment funds;
- Preparing financials and other quarterly reporting packages;
- Assist with the audit of the investment fund’s financial statements;
- Ensuring that the administered funds comply with relevant laws and regulations (including taxation laws) when it comes to the administrative recording and financial reporting;
- Assist in the hedging process;
- Working closely together with the team, dividing daily tasks;
- Assist with onboarding of new clients, etc.
- Education at least college (HBO) with a degree of accounting and/or finance;
- Experience with fund accounting for funds;
- Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles (IFRS/Dutch GAAP) and IPEV guidelines;
- Experience in managing complex financial records;
- Knowledge of financial instruments of fixed income, private equity type investments, foreign currency derivatives and private equity fund structures;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word and Excel;
- Experience working in administration systems, e.g. SAP, Oracle, E-Front;
- Excellent knowledge of English, (basic) knowledge of Dutch or Spanish is an advantage;
- International treasury experience is a plus;
- Result oriented, team player, excellent planning and organization skills, customer oriented (internal and external), flexible, accurate.
Triple Jump offers you
- A salary competitive for the impact investing sector, 13th month, plus benefits such as a variable part up to a maximum of 10% of your salary. The package includes 28 days of annual leave, based on a full-time contract;
- A dynamic, multi-cultural and collegial working environment;
- The position is initially for 1 year. If successful, the candidate will be offered a permanent position;
- Good work-life balance in the Amsterdam Area.
Are you interested? Please send your application to Willem Boymans before October 4, 2019 via https://jobs.triplejump.eu. More information about the position can be obtained through Willem Boymans (HR) at +31 20 220 28 07 or Claudia Vroom (Director Fund Services ) at +31 20 220 28 30