Triple Jump, a Dutch impact investment manager with a global portfolio, is looking for a:
Biodiversity Finance Intern
A 4 to 6 months remote assignment; starting date in August 2020
Triple Jump is an impact-focused investment manager that manages and advises several funds in the area of financial inclusion, SME finance, affordable housing, renewable energy and agri. Triple Jump’s mission is to go where investing capital empowers people and improves lives. Triple Jump is headquartered in Amsterdam, and has a strong footprint in the emerging markets with 5 regional offices located in Georgia, Peru, Mexico, Thailand and Kenya. The team consists of over 80 professionals, including 30 different nationalities, with broad field experience and in-depth financial expertise. Triple Jump investment portfolio spans across more than 60 countries.
Triple Jump offers professional asset management services to investors, ranging from asset selection, to portfolio management to fund administration. Triple Jump holds an AIFMD license and is regulated by the Dutch Central Bank and the Authority Financial Markets. Our investor base includes institutional investors, development banks, governments, NGOs, and retail banks, all of whom seek to combine both financial returns with and social/environmental impact.
Triple Jump is looking to offer a biodiversity-focused fund centring around three key themes:
(i) Wild Sourced Products and Agroforestry; (ii) Marine Harvest and Freshwater Resources; and (iii) Eco-Tourism.
As a Biodiversity Intern your main responsibility will be to assess the three main investment themes by zooming in a selection of sub-sectors and determine specific finance and technical assistance needs. The outcome of the exploration will help Triple Jump finetune the investment proposition and develop a technical assistance/engine room support proposition.
• Literature review, online interviews, and survey compilation to assess the attractiveness of the three key focus areas and target markets;
• Relevant market mapping tools and instruments to be used: e.g. Porter’s 5 Forces and Perceptual Mapping, specifically to assess:
- Entry barriers and main trends;
- Potential investment cases, financial needs, and capacity needs;
- Existing/potential investors and donors, NGOs, expertise centres to preselect potential partners;
- Main competitors/substitutes, key success drivers;
• The assessment is to be divided in three phases: high level mapping, selection of sub-sectors (in consultation with team), and deep dive per investment theme.
The output for the Biodiversity Intern should be in the form of one presentation per phase and a summary presentation recapping key findings and implementation pipeline.
• Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of economics, business administration, or finance;
• Business development and/or strategy consulting skills;
• Affinity with impact investment and/or biodiversity and nature conservation topics;
• Proven research experience translating into delivery of clear and concise knowledge and strategy products;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Triple Jump offers you:
Are you interested? Send your application to Willem Boymans before August 17, 2020 here. More information about the position can be obtained through Willem Boymans (HR) or Giovanni Zenteno Hernandez at +31 20 2202 807.